Child Sexual Abuse
It is extremely important that any adult with a functioning brain that cares about the welfare of human children, be made aware of this most disturbing Archontic Deception Strategy, which is to specifically target human children for a range of NAA related bio-warfare strategies, such as -
- inflicting trauma based Mind Control,
- Vaccinations for genetic degradation, compromised immunity and bio-neurological hijack,
- to create life long pharma-drug dependencies and Addiction while in childhood,
- to culturally shape their minds to accept anti-soul and anti-life agendas like Transhumanism,
- perpetrate mass child trafficking for sexual slavery, sexual slavery = consciousness slavery bindings,
- accept child marriages,
- Genital Mutilation,
- organ harvesting
- child sodomy/rape in group settings,
- rampant sexualization and promiscuity in child to adulthood,
- Blood Sacrifice,
while reinforcing these children to carry out these same agendas in their adulthood, in order to replay out the vicious cycle of Victim-Victimizer programming, Sexual Misery and slavery of the earth in every way imaginable.
This is a huge topic that I have talked about mostly to deaf ears and closed eyes over the years, and in the past, its gotten me some vicious attacks by humans and nonhumans. Many people do not want to listen or understand this pedophile reality on the earth, and the challenge is to find words that people will be able to process to understand what this actually means, when the words are being spoken and transmitted. There is a massive mind control and mind slide and Consciousness Sweep regarding having sex with children and raping children that they broadcast into the earth body to get people to abuse children this way. So when I talk about this topic, most 3D people that have not cleared their Negative Ego or Holographic Inserts, will be mind slided and hear something differently, or they get very angry or hostile. It is critical for all of us on the earth understand that child porn and child sex is the Holy Grail of the NAA and Satanics, and disseminating this information has to be done very carefully, as this discussion and investigation will dump a payload of satanic aggression and death targeting like no other topic.
I would prefer to get all the statistics to you about missing children and disseminate this topic in the detail it deserves, but I don't have a lot of time right now. Recent events have made an opening where some people that have been asleep to this disturbing issue are starting to see it, and the wake up call to see the child abuse and child sex rings is rippling in the Collective Consciousness. Current events bring the opportunity for more people on this earth to wake up to the massive global slavery that has on and off planet infrastructure supporting human child sex and Human Trafficking that hands them to these Interdimensional vampires.
What I suggest is that we make the effort to clear out our own Pain Body, in so that we can see this pain in our children and abused adults with accuracy and clarity. We are not productive to anyone if we lose control over ourselves, get hostile to others, shut down or freak out about it and run away. This must be dealt with, and the only way is to become spiritually mature and be willing to look at it calmly, because the structure itself has many tentacles, it must be dismantled and the NAA have to be identified as the main culprits perpetrating the entire Child Sexual Abuse and human sexual slavery system. Any person that thinks a mere few humans will go to jail for this crime, and that these smaller groups are actually in power behind the global pedo rings, is not aware of the larger off planet agenda. We all must understand the larger agenda in order to be effective, as all of the news outlets and surface organizations will DO NOTHING. They will only report these crimes in small incidences to downplay the massive agendas, and if it happens to defame a person's character if it serves another propaganda agenda, like getting rid of someone in power who is not performing. Or they frame people with this sometimes when they are actually innocent, like UFO experiencers, so they can shut that person up and put them in jail.
Please be aware of the following if you did not understand previous dialogues:
When I refer to Satanic Agenda, it is always synonymous with how Pedophilia is being hidden and carried out. Satanism in the highest order needs and uses all forms of sexual ritual and Blood Sacrifice with children in order to steal the child's Soul energy, it is how they maintain control over this reality. Satanism = Human Sex Trafficking = Pedophilia. Why they have targeted school age children for after school Satan classes is no accident, and this is a clear attack being made against children to mainstream satanism and promote it as a evidence based intellectual philosophy. These people have no idea of the spiritual reality of which this earth is enduring.
- 1 AD Strategy 4: Child Abuse and Child Sacrifice
- 2 Things to Know
- 3 GSF Prayer to Children
- 4 Facts About Child Sexual Abuse
- 5 Prevention - Step 1 - Learn The Facts
- 6 Step 2: Minimize Opportunity
- 7 Step 3: Talk About It
- 8 Step 4: Recognize the Signs
- 9 Step 5: React Responsibly
- 10 References
- 11 See Also
AD Strategy 4: Child Abuse and Child Sacrifice
The advanced level of AD Behaviors is that which is the realm of the Satanic Ritual Abusers (SRA), this level is in the caste system of Satanic priesthood which is propagated by the Orion Group. These people and entities actually value the killing of children and believe in the necessity of child sacrifice killings if they can get away with it without prosecution. Their most sick mind believes that the blood of a child is the most pure, and can extract vital essence and power from the blood sacrifice. When they want “more power” for material success or something to gain, or there is something to “cleanse”, they believe to cleanse it with a child’s blood. Most commonly they will abduct a child or a satanic family will give up their child to satanic ritual holidays. Orphanages are frequently pillaged for this reason. This is the most unbelievable to the sane mind and loving heart, yet, we must know this exists in huge numbers to begin to protect the children of the earth from this sickness. Most commonly children of extremely poor people are either used this way in ritual, or will be a sexual slave or prostitute to a satanic group of individuals. Child genital mutilation, child sex slavery, child porn, live sex with children on the internet is a billion dollar booming business. This is highly disturbing as we can see no one in government gives a care about this global issue. We have to ask who is benefiting from having sex with our children? It’s not human.
Things to Know
- The NAA have installed human bodies in positions of governmental power that act as puppets to collect the children in massive amounts for them. These are possessions and satanic entities inside a human body, this means that person is not in control of their body, has an alien handler, and is possessed by satanic forces. It is not human anymore.
- The black op MIC Human military has underground labs where they torture and breed children in labs for the NAA in exchange for alien based technology.
- The police force, the FBI, the government agencies WILL NOT PROTECT our children. They all reach a threshold of no access/top secret compartmentalization to their pay grade. It is up to us to protect our children and to be aware of this heinous crime, and to not allow any person we do not trust near our kids or exert control over our kids, in every way you can. If you decide to have children, it is up to you to protect them, period.
- The only way this will stop is if people like us realize what is happening, are willing to face this pain and we build solidarity together in numbers to stop this, while recognizing it is directly sourcing from non human agendas. Disclosure is much needed to help people see how far this goes and how humongous it is. This cannot be inoculated until people are willing to understand the NAA. This planet is filled to the brim with sexual predators that get away with this many times, even if they are caught, nothing is done to rehab these people.
- Do not contribute money to religious or any charities involved with orphans, children homes, refugees or in other countries unless you have first hand accounts. Any refugee charity is generally a front for child sex trafficking, and many Catholic charities are the worst offenders of child pedo rings. I had a request from Guardians to support the Zoe Guardian Alliance, a Christian organization for rescuing children from sex trafficking, and that is why it is the ES community charity of which we support monetarily. We all should get guidance and pray before contributing to any charity, as this is a massive problem on this earth.
- Displacing massive amounts of people as refugees is a cover for trafficking and taking a large amount of people and not having any record of where those people went. It is the pedo dream, and is the sick reality of what is occurring worldwide with the refugees.
- Patriarchal Domination cultures that promote Misogyny, will always lead to sexual abuse, Sexual Misery and pedophilia, as the female principle is out of balance which further dis-empowers women from protecting their own children, and maintaining the love in the mother-child bond. The satanics want to destroy the mother-child bond in humans.
Please do not let this overwhelm your emotions, turn it into gratitude for having the privilege of understanding and the privilege of accessing truth. Would you rather be told lies? We cannot live in delusions and believe we are going to heal this planet, if we refuse to look at what is happening in front of our noses. We all must open our eyes to see the truth. And it is enough for now, because we need more people to know what we know. We must help others to wake up to see the truth of what is happening to our children, using facts, statistics, and evidence that is EVERYWHERE, if you know where to look. Don't take it from me, do the research and your mouth will fall open, as the evidence is there. We have a section of the site dedicated here at Free our Species 
Thank you for being willing to receive this very painful information and to stay awake and aware in protecting our children. For those parents in the community, may I suggest that parents gather in prayers at appointed times, bi-weekly or monthly, to help protect, strengthen their own children, and the children of this world to be protected by the Spirits of Christ. For the parents awakening to this larger truth, this is the most effective thing you can do right now to help. There are very few charities that are not corrupted and actually a front for the pedos, and we do not want to feed that machine.
Thank you for your patience in this topic, and know we are all in this together. The stronger and clearer we are spiritually, the more we can be of service this way. Its up to us.
Thank you and much love to us all, and a special GSF Blessings to all of the children connected to this community field. Love and In Service, Lisa
GSF Prayer to Children
Beloved Holy Presence, In Cosmic Sovereign Law, I am your Compassionate Witness. In service to our children in this community field, I pray with all of my heart to bless them and protect them in the eternal light of God, and in the blessings of the Holy Spirit and Spirits of Christ, to be fully freed from the spiritual burdens and shackles that have been placed upon them, by those Impostors and Deceivers of Gods eternal light. Through the light of God I am, through the power of love in my heart, I consecrate and bless all children to be freed into their highest expression and true nature, that they may be God Sovereign Free in the eternal light of God, now and always.
Facts About Child Sexual Abuse
- In the United States, approximately 1 out of every 4 girls and 1 out of every 6 boys is sexually abused.
- Seventy to 73% of child sexual abusers report experiencing sexual abuse in their own childhood.
- Approximately 60% of sexual abusers are known to the child but are not family members, such as family friends, babysitters, or neighbors.
- Approximately 30% of sexual abusers are family members, such as fathers, mothers, brothers, uncles, or cousins.
- It is estimated that less than half of all sexual assaults on children are reported to the police.
- According to the APA, women are the abusers in about 14% of cases reported among boys and 6% of cases reported among girls.
- A man in Melbourne, Australia, raped his daughter every day for 30 years from the 1970s until 2007. He fathered her four children, all who had severe birth defects. An Austrian man, Josef Fritz, kept his daughter imprisoned in a basement for 24 years and fathered seven children with her.
- The World Health Organization reports that 150 million girls and 73 million boys under 18 experienced forced sexual intercourse and other forms of sexual violence globally in 2002.
- While the murder rate for minors is twice as high in low-income countries than in higher income countries, sexual abuse in the home is found in all countries. In many industrialized countries, as many as 36% of women and 20% of men said they have been the victim of sexual abuse as children, mostly within the family circle.
- According to WHO, 1.8 million children are involved in pornography and prostitution. Over 1.2 million children have been trafficked.
- child abuse Males, especially children, are less likely to disclose abuse than females
- Girls are more likely to disclose sexual abuse than boys.
- Francis Phillip Tullier, a 78-year-old convicted child molester who faced hundreds of molestation counts involving young girls, underwent surgical castration in order to be released from prison on parole. He had to pay for the surgery himself.
- The generally lower rate for male sex abuse may be largely inaccurate due to under reporting. Because men are traditionally encouraged to be physically strong and competitive, male victims may be more hesitant to report sexual abuse because they feel they are “less of a man.”
- Child sex abuse includes body contact, such as kissing and oral, anal, or vaginal sex. Sex abuse can also include “flashing” or showing private parts, forcing children to watch pornography, voyeurism (trying to look at a child’s naked body), pressuring children for sex, having sex in front of children, and exploiting children for pornography or prostitution.
- “Child-on-child sexual abuse” occurs when a prepubescent child is abused sexually by another child or children. Often, the child perpetrator has been sexually victimized by an adult previously. “Inter-sibling abuse” occurs when one sibling molests his/her own sibling.
- Nineteen percent (375 million) of the world’s children live in India, which is the largest number of minors in a country. India also has the world’s largest number of sexually abused children, an astonishing 69%, or 276 million children.
- According to the World Health Organization, an estimated 100-140 million women and girls around the world have been victims of female genital mutation, including 92 million in Africa.
- In his book Dirty Diplomacy, Craig Murray claims that the president of Uzbekistan, Islam Karimov, tortured and raped children in front of prisoners to make them offer false confessions.
- disabled child Disabled children are at higher risk for sexual abuse than non-disabled children
- Researchers note that some disabled children may not be able to distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate touching of their body, which leaves them particularly vulnerable to sexual abuse.
- Children living with a single parent or a parent living with an unmarried partner are most at risk for child maltreatment, which is over eight times the rate of children living with married biological parents.
- South Africa has one of the highest rates of child abuse and baby rape. Researchers report that the belief that sexual intercourse with a virgin will cure a man of AIDS has led to such high numbers. It is estimated that every one out of eight people in South Africa has AIDS. An estimated 40,000 children in South Africa are infected with HIV each year.
- Child abusers often do not use physical force but instead “groom” or use manipulative tactics, such as buying gifts, arranging special activities, exposing children to pornography, and roughhousing to keep a child engaged with and often confused about the abuser’s motives.
- Researchers report that the vast majority of sexually abused children do not grow up to be offenders and that the “cycle of sexual abuse” does not fully explain why a person would molest children.
- Only a fraction of abusers are caught and convicted for their crimes. Most of those who are caught are eventually released back to the community, albeit under probation or parole supervision.
- Children who are victims of sexual abuse can suffer many serious health effects, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, eating disorders, somatization, neurosis, chronic pain, sexualized behavior, learning problems, animal cruelty, self-destructive behavior, suicide, antisocial behavior, sleeping difficulties and/or nightmares, angry outbursts, not wanting to be left alone, and further victimization into adulthood. However, not all victims show behavioral changes.
- Africa has the highest prevalence of child sexual abuse (34.4%). Europe has the lowest rate of abuse (9.2%). America and Asia have rates between 10.1% and 23.9%.
- Sexual abuse, or any kind of abuse, negatively and permanently affects the physical development of a child’s brain. These physical changes result in psychological and emotional problems in adulthood.
- Women who were sexually abused as children reported significantly lower SAT test scores than women who were not abused.
- Children may not reveal sexual abuse because they feel shame or guilt, they worry no one will believe them, they fear being removed from their home, and they or their family may have been threatened. Very young children may not have the language skills to report the abuse or may not understand they are being abused.
- Approximately 23% of reported cases of child sexual abuse are perpetrated by individuals under the age of 18.
- According to the United States Department of Health and Human Services, 63,527 children were sexually abused in the U.S. in 2010, a drop from 150,000 in 1992. While some researchers were surprised that the recession did not cause more cases of sexual abuse, others note that the drop may reflect methodological changes of counting reports as well as lower levels of abuse.
- Most children do not tell anyone they have been abused, and those who do tell often have to tell several people before any action is taken.
- Not all pedophiles are child molesters, and some child molesters do not meet the clinical definition of pedophile. Pedophilia is a clinical term that describes a person who has had repeated arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors related to sexual activities with children for at least six months. Pedophiles do not necessarily have to act on their urges. Child molesters have the same attraction to children, but they act on their urges.
- Child pornography is one of the fastest growing Internet businesses, increasing at an average 150% per year for each of the last 10 years. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) reports that it has reviewed more than 51 million child pornography images and videos.o
- There is a clear link between possession of child pornography and the actual violation of children. The NCMEC estimates that 40% or more of people who possess child pornography also sexually assault children.
- Of the arrests for the possession of child pornography during 2000-2001 in the U.S., 83% had pornographic materials of children between ages 6 and 12, 39% had material involving children between ages 3 and 5, and 19% had material of toddlers under the age of 3 or infants.
- Approximately 1.3 million children in America are sexually assaulted each year. There are an estimated 60 million survivors of childhood sexual abuse in America.
- Researchers estimate that 20 million Americans have been victims of parental incest as children.
- A 2004 study revealed that 9.6% of public school children, accounting for 4.5 million students, have experienced sexual misconduct, from being told sexual jokes to sexual intercourse by educators. Offenders include teachers (18%), coaches (15%), substitute teachers (13%), principals (6%), and student counselors (5%).
- Researchers stress that it is crucial to respond in a supportive manner if a child discloses abuse. Children who disclose abuse and receive a negative reaction or no reaction at all suffer more from general trauma symptoms, dissociation, and PTSD than those who had supportive responses.
- Ninety-five percent of molested children know their molesters.
- The 1992 film The Boys of St. Vincent is a docudrama based on real events about sexual abuse at a Roman Catholic orphanage and its cover up.
- Most child sex abuse offenders are 10 or more years older than the victim. More than half of child molesters are under the age of 35.
- Between 250,000-500,000 child molesters reside in the U.S. today.
- coach Pedophiles are often likable, friendly, engaging, and frequent events that children attend.
- Male offenders who abused girls have an average of 52 victims each. Men who molested boys had an average of 150 victims each.
- Child molesters come from all backgrounds and social classes. However, most molesters (1) are male, (2) work in an environment surrounded by children, (3) befriend the parents first and then gain the child’s trust, and (4) attend events such as sports, camping, and video arcades.
- Gerald Arthur “Jerry” Sandusky, famed Penn State football assistant coach, was arrested in November 2011 and charged with 40 counts of sexual abuse of young boys. The choice of his attorney, Joe Amendola, has been questioned because Amendola himself impregnated a 16-year-old in the 90s.
- U.S. researchers have found that women who were sexually abused as girls repeatedly have a 62% percent higher risk of heart problems later in life compared with other women who were not abused. Much of the risk was related to coping strategies, such as alcohol abuse, overeating, and drug abuse.
- Up to 20,000 children were sexually abused by 800 Roman Catholic workers in the Netherlands since 1945.
- In November 2011, Christopher Jarvis, a Catholic Church pedophile abuse investigator, admitted to possessing, making, and distributing indecent images of children. Hired by the church as a child safety coordinator in 2002, he had more than 4,000 images of primarily boys, including rape, from ages 10-12 on his camera memory stick and laptop.
- The Society of Jesus’ Pacific Northwest unit and its insurers agreed to pay a record $166.1 million to about 470 people, mainly Native American children, who were sexually and psychologically abused as children by Jesuit priests from the 1940s to the 1990s. The settlement was the largest settlement by a religious order in the history of the world.g
- The Catholic pedophile scandal in the U.S. broke in 2002 when it was reported that many leaders of the archdiocese had moved priests who had abused minors to new parishes rather than reporting them or defrocking them. The scandal has involved almost every US Catholic diocese, including 4,400 priests and 110,000 children who were abused between 1950 and 2002.
- The 2010 documentary Dancing Boys of Afghanistan reveals a custom prevalent in the area called bacha bazi (Boy for Play) where men buy young boys from impoverished families for sexual slavery. The young boys are forced to dress in women’s clothes and dance before being taken away by men for sex. One warlord reported having over 30,000 boys over 20 years, though he was married and had two sons. Some scholars note that repression of sexuality and widespread gender apartheid in the region contributes to homosexual pederasty.
- Child marriages are legal in several countries. For example, in Yemen, more than a quarter of girls are married before the age of 15. As recently as 2010, a 12-year-old child bride in Yemen died from internal bleeding following intercourse. Additionally, it is not uncommon in Saudi Arabia for a 12-year-old girl to be married to an 80-year-old man.
- According to the FBI, approximately 1 in 10 men have molested a child, with little chance of being caught (3%). Additionally, the FBI estimates that a child has almost a 25% chance of being molested.
- The FBI estimates that there is a sex offender living in every square mile in the United States.
- According to Dr. Herbert Wagemaker, an estimated 4% of the population suffers from sexual attraction toward children.
- The re-arrest rate for convicted child molesters is 52%.
- Prison inmates are more likely to assault fellow prisoners who have been convicted of sex crimes against children. Many inmates refer to molesters as “dirty” prisoners and that assaulting or killing them is doing a service to society. In the prison hierarchy, snitches and molesters are usually the most hated.
- Most sexual assaults are committed by the same race as the victim. An exception to this is Native Americans. Those who commit a sexual crime against Native Americans are usually not Native American.
- There is just a small subset of child sexual abusers who are exclusively attracted to just children. A majority of people who abuse children are or have been attracted to adults as well.
- Classic signs of sexual abuse include odd injuries, ripped clothes or underwear, depression, alcohol and drug abuse, hyper-sexuality, withdrawal, exceptional fear of a person or certain places, unreasonable fear of a physical exam, drawings that are scary or that use a lot of black and red, and attempts to get other children to perform sexual acts.q
- It is crucial to be nonjudgmental if a child discloses sexual abuse
- If a child reveals that he or she has been sexually abused, it is crucial that adults listen non-judgmentally to the child and report it immediately. If the abuse is within the family, report it to the local Child Protection Agency. If the abuse is outside the family, report it to the police or district attorney’s office. Parents should also consult a pediatrician and a child/adolescent psychiatrist. It is important the child understands that the abuse is not his or her fault. A child should never be blamed for the abuse.
- Parents can help prevent sexual abuse by educating themselves and their children about what sexual abuse is and by staying alert to the classic signs of sexual abuse. Parents also need to teach their children about the privacy of body parts, listen to their children, and be aware of where and with whom their children are spending their time.\
Prevention - Step 1 - Learn The Facts
Darkness to Light Website. Child sexual abuse is an adult issue. One in 10 children in the U.S. will be sexually abused before the age of 18. As adults, we are responsible for the wellbeing and protection of the children in our care. It is highly likely that you know a child who has been or is being abused. Experts estimate that 1 in 10 children are sexually abused before their 18th birthday.3 This means that in any classroom or neighborhood full of children, there are children who are silently bearing the burden of sexual abuse. Over 90% of children who are commercially sexually exploited have a history of child sexual abuse.About 75% of child pornography victims are living at home when they are photographed. Parents are often responsible. Sexually abused children who keep it a secret or who "tell" and are not believed are at greater risk than the general population for psychological, emotional, social, and physical problems, often lasting into adulthood. It is also likely that you know an abuser. The greatest risk to children doesn't come from strangers but from friends and family. People who abuse children look and act just like every one else. In fact, they often go out of their way to appear trustworthy, seeking out settings where they can gain easy access to children, such as sports leagues, faith centers, clubs, and schools. Yet, in more than 90% of sexual abuse cases, the child and the child's family know and trust the abuser.
Consequences to children and to our society begin immediately. Child sexual abuse is a direct source of a number of problems facing our communities.
- 70-80% of sexual abuse survivors report excessive drug and alcohol use.
- One study showed that among male survivors, 50% have suicidal thoughts and more than 20% attempt suicide.
- Young girls who are sexually abused are more likely to develop eating disorders as adolescents.
- More than 60% of teen first pregnancies are preceded by experiences of molestation, rape or attempted rape.
- Approximately 40% of sex offenders report sexual abuse as children.
- Both males and females who have been sexually abused are more likely to engage in prostitution.
- Approximately 70% of sexual offenders of children have between 1 and 9 victims; 20-25% have 10 to 40 victims.
- Serial perpetrators may have as many as 400 victims in their lifetimes.
Step 2: Minimize Opportunity
If you eliminate or reduce isolated, one-on-one situations between children and adults, and children and other youth, you'll dramatically reduce the risk of sexual abuse. More than 80% of sexual abuse cases occur in isolated, one-on-one situations.
- Reduce risk. Protect children.
- Understand that abusers often become friendly with potential victims and their families, enjoying family activities, earning trust, and gaining time alone with children.
- Think carefully about the safety of any isolated, one-on-one settings. Choose group situations when possible.
- Think carefully about the safety of situations in which older youth have access to younger children. Make sure that multiple adults are present who can supervise.
- Set an example by personally avoiding isolated, one-on-one situations with children other than your own.
- Monitor children's Internet use. Offenders use the Internet to lure children into physical contact.
Step 3: Talk About It
Children often keep abuse a secret, but barriers can be broken down by talking openly about our bodies, sex, and boundaries. “My daughter tells me everything. I know she would tell me if someone touched her or made her feel uncomfortable.”
- Understand why children are afraid to tell.
- The abuser shames the child, points out that the child let it happen, or tells the child that his or her parents will be angry.
- The abuser is often manipulative, and may try to confuse the child about what is right and wrong, or tell them the abuse is a "game."
- The abuser sometimes threatens to harm the child or a family member.
- Some children who do not initially disclose abuse are ashamed to tell when it happens again.
- Children are afraid of disappointing their parents and disrupting the family.
- Some children are too young to understand.
- Children often love the abuser, and don't want to get anyone in trouble or end the relationship. They just want the abuse to stop.
- Know how children communicate.
- Children who disclose sexual abuse often tell a trusted adult other than a parent. For this reason, training for people who work with children is especially important.
- Children may tell portions of what happened or pretend it happened to someone else to gauge adult reaction.
- Children will often "shut down" and refuse to tell more if you respond emotionally or negatively.
- Talk openly with your child.
Age appropriate, open conversations about our bodies, sex, and boundaries gives children a foundation for understanding and developing healthy relationships. It also teaches them that they have the right to say "no." With this foundation in place, they are less vulnerable to people who would violate their boundaries, and are more likely to tell you if abuse occurs.
Step 4: Recognize the Signs
Don't expect obvious signs when a child is being sexually abused. Signs are often there, but you have to know what to look for.
"Is my son's withdrawal due to preteen angst or is he being sexually abused?"
- Learn the Signs
- Physical signs of sexual abuse are not common, although redness, rashes/swelling in the genital area, urinary tract infections, or other such symptoms should be carefully investigated. Also, physical issues associated with anxiety, such as chronic stomach pain or headaches, may occur.
- Emotional or behavioral signals are more common. These can run from "too perfect" behavior, to withdrawal and depression, to unexplained anger and rebellion.
- Sexual behavior and language that are not age-appropriate can be a red flag.
- Be aware that in some children there are no signs whatsoever.
- If you find physical signs that you suspect are sexual abuse, have the child physically examined immediately by a professional who specializes in child sexual abuse.
Step 5: React Responsibly
Disclosure, discovery, and suspicions of sexual abuse provide opportunities to intervene on behalf of a child. "My 11-year-old daughter said her step-father sneaks into her room at night. Then she said she made it up. Now she won't say anything. I don't know what to do."
DISCLOSURE of sexual abuse means a child has chosen you as the person he or she trusts enough to tell. It is the moment when children learn whether others can be trusted to stand up for them.
- Don't Overreact
- If a child breaks an arm or runs a high fever, you know to stay calm and where to seek help because you've mentally prepared yourself. Reacting to child sexual abuse is the same.
When you react to disclosure with anger or disbelief, the child will likely:
- Feel even more ashamed and guilty.
- Shut down.
- Change or retract the story, when, in fact, abuse is actually occurring.
- Change the story to match your questions so future tellings appear to be "coached." This can be very harmful if the case goes to court.
- Very few reported incidents of child sexual abuse are false.
- Think through your response before you react. You'll be able to respond in a more supportive manner.
- Believe the child and make sure the child knows it.
- Thank the child for telling you and praise the child's courage.
- Encourage the child to talk, but don't ask leading questions about details. Asking about details can alter the child's memory of events. If you must ask questions to keep the child talking, ask open-ended ones like "What happened next?"
- Seek the help of a professional who is trained to interview the child about sexual abuse. Professional guidance could be critical to the child's healing and to any criminal prosecution.
- Assure the child that it's your responsibility to protect him or her and that you'll do all you can.
- Report or take action in all cases of suspected abuse, both inside and outside the immediate family.
- Don't panic. Sexually abused children who receive support and psychological help can and do heal.
- Try not to show anger toward the offender, who may be someone the child loves. You can add to the child's burden by showing how upset you are.
- DISCOVERY of sexual abuse means you've witnessed a sexually abusive act by an adult or youth with a child, or you know by some other means that abuse has taken place.
- Report your discovery immediately to law enforcement.
- Tell the child's name and where he or she lives.
- Tell where you are at the present time, where the child is, and where the offender is, if known.
- Tell what the child said to you.
- Tell what interactions you saw between the alleged offender and the child.
- Tell what other behaviors, if any, you've observed in the alleged offender.
- Tell what signs in the child you've seen.
- Tell what access the alleged offender has to the child.
- And remember, if you discover child pornography, you've discovered sexual abuse. Child pornography is illegal.
SUSPICION of sexual abuse means you've seen signs in a child, or you've witnessed boundary violations by adults or other youth toward a child. Set limits. Ask questions. If you are a "bystander" who witnesses a boundary violation, or sees a situation in which a child is vulnerable, it's not important to know the intentions of the person who crossed the boundary. What is important is that you reinforce the boundary - even if you are in front of others, or in a public setting. DESCRIBE THE BEHAVIOR "It's against policy for you to be in the classroom alone with a student." SET A LIMIT "You need to take your conversation to the student lounge." MOVE ON "I'm on my way there, now, so I'll walk with you."
Offenders are rarely caught in the act of abusing a child, but they're often seen breaking rules and pressing boundaries. Child sexual abuse is a crime. Know the the policies for reporting disclosures, discoveries, and suspicion in your organization.